10 September 2008

The next 'Nora Aunor'

JAY 'BUGOY' Bogayan of Ocampo, Camarines went home yesterday and dropped by his alma mater, Universidad de Sta. Isabel, among other places. The daughter of my officemate, an Isabelina, said Bugoy was blindfolded when he was brought to USI, and the drama of coming home to the school where he used to work as student assistant (even as janitor, according to some) surely made him cry.

(Although there's more than meet the eye here, if my source is correct. But let's not spoil Bugoy's upcoming final battle royale.)

All over the city, streamers have sprung up, all encouraging texters to send him the needed votes. This weekend, he, and five other finalists of the Pinoy Dream Academy Season 2, will be facing the moment of truth.

Incidentally, I posted the following in the Naga.Gov community forum last week:

Ano daw kun makaigdi si Bugoy before the Traslacion, and hold a media-covered event that ABS-CBN will televise all over Bicol, to drum up support for his bid?

Kumbinsido ako ki Bugoy -- he's the next 'Nora Aunor' -- and the PDA people knows it. But at this stage, it's no longer about pure talent, which he has, but the support of our text votes.
Somehow, I'm happy the PDA staff did find a way of bringing him over to drum up support.

If you're from other planet and don't know what I'm talking about, check out what this Ilonggo wrote in his blog.

And don't forget to let those text votes coming:
To vote Bugoy text

PDA BUGOY
to the following access numbers:
2331for Globe, TM and Bayan Wireless Landline subscribers
231 for Smart and Talk N’ Text subscribers


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tulo man sana an nagraralaban dyan. Idtong iba, pampadakol sana ta pirang bulan baga kompitisyon. Stand out sinda Bugoy asin duwa pa na habo ko nang sambiton kun siisay.

Anonymous said...

That's right ! Pati ngani baga su lead vocalist kan British band na Spandau Ballet, impressed sa boses ni Bugoy. Garu daa si STEVIE WONDER ! pag arog kaan an mga props, may bentahe na si Bugoy, pero mas maray man guiraray kan may collective effort an whole of Bicolandia sa pag text kan saindang mga boto. It's high time, igwa na dapat magsalida ki Nora.


Porfirio Rubirosa

Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow Bicolano,

Good thing I've found a blog like this. Pardon me, I can understand (some) of the language but I can't speak of it coz I got a 'cute' accent according to my relatives...btw, I was born in San Miguel Bato, Camarines Sur.

----------

Anyway, about Bugoy, I really wanted him to win, because he really deserves it. He's got the talent and the right attitude. He just needed a break to push his luck. I was somewhat disappointed when he didn't made it but look at his achievements now, he has been one of the few PDA scholars who really made it well (so far) :)

Craig Marco said...

I was also born in San Miguel Bato, Camarines Sur! I remember Bugoy competing but didn't thinkk he had the chops to win.

Anonymous said...

xanax cost xanax side effects side effects - xanax side effects in men