15 December 2009

The proposed charter of Bicol Autonomous Region

BY WAY of fil07's posting at the Skyscrapercity forum -- who I have a feeling is none other than Irvin Sto. Tomas -- I have uploaded via Scribd a copy of the draft charter for the proposed Bicol Autonomous Region.

Mainly the effort of the Bicol Autonomy Movement chaired by Dante Jimenez of the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC) fame, it had its formal launching last December 8 in Daet, Camarines Norte.

Rene Gumba of the Ateneo de Naga University Institute of Politics, one of moving forces behind the movement, had other related posts here and here.

Jimenez, in an interview with Business Mirror, laid down the basic -- and mainly economic -- argument for the autonomy movement: to lick poverty and increase investments in the region.

What do you think? My initial thoughts in my next entry.
The Charter of Bicol Autonomous Region

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The proposed charter is paved with good intentions, that is , TO STAMPED OUT POVERTY in the whole of Bicolandia, by utilizing its resources both human & natural. Still, I have my doubts as shown by the two other regions mentioned, that it does not necessarily guarantee development & prosperity. The biggest obstacles are : the Church, Traditional politics,Warlordism ( particularly in Masbate), Apathy of the poor, Education that does not encourage CRITICAL THINKING, traditional media, and lastly the inertia of people in transforming Social Change.

If we could lick these obstacles, we have a shot at prosperity with or without the charter.


Porfirio Rubirosa

Filipinayzd said...

thanks for the mention. this is possible under gibo's administration since he is pro-chacha.

pls link my new blog at rawitdawit.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

price per head call center said...

Excellent blog! I truly love how it’s easy on my eyes as well as the info are well written. Great job!!