09 July 2007

Quick notes on a lazy Monday

1. PROOF positive that GMA-7's noontime icon 'Eat Bulaga' has finally lost out to ABS-CBN's 'Wowowee' came to me this morning when I motored my Grade I daughter Pep to school per her request. School is 200 meters away, right across the creek separating Grandview and Green Valley.

"Boom Tarat" has become part of Grandview Elementary's daily morning routine, an exercise that had school children dancing and gyrating their hips to the tune right after flag ceremonies. I cannot remember the institution that is 'Eat Bulaga' exerting such influence, even in its prime.

2. Brokenhearted, my favorite Bikolana writer-blogger, Maryanne Moll, has temporarily stopped writing. I hope she snaps out of it soon.

3. Finally met the issue of hotlinking, and its face in cyberspace is an Indian guy named Mohan aka Neo Garfield. His comment, and my reply.

In trying to figure out the issue, I came across stuff like this, which I can understand.

But in the case of the 'fake' Harry Potter, this thing still eludes me:

  • Why upload something which isn't even yours in the first place?
  • And then cry "hotlinking!" when the hits start coming in?
  • But if the link is to one's website, then everything would be hunky-dory now?!?
At the very least, I gave credit to Melindaleo, who should actually be complaining about it in the first place.:)

4 comments:

-= dave =- said...

No way on Boom Tarat Tarat! This from of mass hypnotism is really getting out of hand :p

Come to think of it, Neo Garfield should just employ an anti-hotlink measure similar the one in the GrimThing, rather than chase after every link to his files. For flattery, just consider it a sign that your blog has enough readers to strain his server.

Anonymous said...

Boom tarat tarat is the secret plan to blow up the eastern part of Antarctica.


Boom Tarat Tarat Origin

Adolf Hitler warned in a prophecy that "The cold shall die from booms" and then he spoke Austrian
and it sounded like "tarat-tarat".


Boom Tarat Tarat Facts

There are approximately 34 million freaks singing Boom Tarat Tarat around the whole world per hour.
Every time they sing it, a portion of Antarctica melts.


Lyrics

Boom tarat tarat
Boom tarat tarat
taraaarat taraaaarat
Boom Boom Boom
Boom tarat tarat
Boom tarat tarat
taraaarat taraaarat
BOOM BOOM BOOM
...ang mamatay ng dahil sa 'yo


-mula sa http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Philippines

Agent M said...

Well, I was just tracking down backlinks from my site when I spotted this. Sorry about the harsh sentences, but I was kinda tired of it all!

And I never mentioned its the true one. I kept saying that it was fake and it was a story by MelindaLeo.

Willy B Prilles, Jr said...

No prob. All's water under the bridge now.:)