29 August 2007

Quick mad updates

1. BIKOL WIKI. Irvin proudly announces that our Bikol Wikipedia project that he initiated has been conditionally approved. There is much more to be done though. His post has the skinny of what lies ahead and what more needs to be done to secure final approval.

2. MAD CROWD. I'm now part of the Mad Crowd Media, which aspires to become "the largest network of high-quality online independent publishers in the Philippines." When Benito Vergara invited me, I asked: "What's a provinciano going to do in that (high-powered) list?" But the rest is history: the Maddy badge is now part of my right sidebar.

Why Mad Crowd? I really don't know. But what can you expect if you have the Twisted One, no less, as director of publishers.:D

3. FEEDBURNER RELOADED. Early this morning, I got this email from Estrella Cabuco, part of which says:

Today I came across your blog A Nagueño in the Blogosphere and would like to subscribe to it. Let's say I thirst for Naga news, having been away for a long, long time. Perhaps I haven't navigated through all of your blog, but there isn't a sign in, is there? Barring that, I can always put the website in my Favorites and go there every so often.
The "Subscribe" widget at the lower corner of my left sidebar is for you, ma'am. Just plug in your email add, click the "Subscribe" button and you're on your way to becoming my first subscriber by email -- assuming of course this FeedBurner service works as advertised.

4. KABULIG MEET-UP. Last Monday, upon invitation by Marissa "Issa" Casillan, I also got to meet with the officers of Kabulig-Bikol, the association of Bikolano writers in this part of the region.

A good number of them -- Kristian, Aldy and Hagbayon -- are bloggers like myself. One (Judith Balares-Salamat) graduated from the same elementary school (Anayan-Sagrada in Pili) I came from. Its president, Estelito Jacob, teaches at UNC, my alma mater in Naga. Honesto Pesimo (its secretary?) teaches at Concepcion Pequeña National High School, one of our public secondary schools in the city. Carlo Arejola chairs the Arejola Foundation, the moving force behind the Premio Arejola which has become the Bikol equivalent of the Palanca.

It was a short meeting that deserves a separate entry, not the least because I felt like home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Willy. We're definitely looking forward to bringing you and other publishers in front of some very eager marketers.

Best,

Benito

-= dave =- said...

whoa! you're in good company, willy :)

ned said...

In my opinion with the outstanding growth of the blogosphere within the past decade, the blogosphere has developed as its own network of interconnections. In this time, bloggers have similarly begun to engage in other online communities, specifically social networking sites, melding the two realms of social media together.
term papers service