15 January 2007

Prepaid load shaving at Globe: The complaint

LAST FRIDAY (Jan 12), a lady customer service representative from Globe Telecoms finally managed to track me down at around 9am, updated me of a complaint I followed up made through their CSR website a week back, and promised to email me a written report.

As of this writing, I have yet to get that report, which should describe Globe's attempt to explain more than P300 worth of prepaid load that mysteriously disappeared into thin air, which I complained about at their Naga office sometime in December. The following is what I sent through their website last January 5 at around 3pm:

I would like to follow up my complaint regarding load shaving involving my other prepaid number - 0906478XXXX. I have previously reported this to your Naga office, and was requested to specify the period during which the load shaving took place.

For your reference, I loaded that number last Nov 20, 2006 with P1000 credit using my Citibank credit card, under Transaction No. 167156. I was supposed to bring it with me to Canada, but failed to do so and left it at home. Which is why I had to purchase another prepaid SIM at your Sucat office -- 926645XXXX.

When I came back 10 days later, the available balance went down by around P300 in spite of the fact that it was hardly used at all.

I hope something can be done about it.

Thanks.
Four minutes later, I fired the following suggestion:
I think it is in the best interest of your prepaid subscribers, and Globe too insofar as transparency and good corporate governance, that they be given the ability to see call details and other charges being debited to their account.

It can be a paid service just like Smart, which charged P5 per inquiry at the time. (I don't know if they still offer it, but they had it when I was still a subscriber before I switched to Globe 20 months ago.)

0 comments: