13 June 2007

A poor "D" in Philippine travel

UPDATE (9:32 am, 15 Jun): Eugene's comment says my mark was upgraded to C+ under an adjusted grading system.:)

INSPIRED by Abe Olandres's and Irvin Sto. Tomas's experience with the beta version of Lakbayan, I decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, I only got a "D".

But try comparing my map with that of Abe, who got a C-, and one is bound to ask questions about the scoring. I don't know if its my 39 year-old eyes, but my map does seem to cover more parts of the country.

Maybe this is what Eugene Alvin Villar, the guy behind the idea, when he made this caveat: "Lakbayan is currently in beta version. The grading system will still be adjusted, so your result is possibly not the final grade."

But this kink notwithstanding, I think Lakbayan rocks.:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Klap klap klap!

Kahit si PGMA, di mag-e-A dyan.

-= dave =- said...

At least you've had quite some travelling, compared to me who hasn't even left Luzon yet.

Anonymous said...

Hi Willy. Yep, I've now adjusted the grading system and I think your grade is now a C+. Apparently, I've set bar too high in my initial grading system. :(

The results page now also has a link to let you update your map as you travel some more. You could use it to keep track and increase your grade. :)

Willy B Prilles, Jr said...

Eugene: Thanks. I'll update this post accordingly.:)

Dave: A lot of it is work-related. I'd say only 25% was funded out of my pocket. But those were long time ago.:)

Irvin: I'll bet you Ms. Arroyo will get an A+. She's an indefatigable campaigner, ever since her days at the Senate.