08 June 2007

Social housing and education

THE LAST two presentations covered two areas where Naga has outstanding initiatives: the Kaantabay sa Kauswagan program for social housing, and the Reinventing the Local School Board for education.

Again, the discussions that followed were equally heated. While moderating the proceedings, I even got into the fray, especially when valid questions were raised about what I believed all along to be the fundamental strengths of these programs.

Reflecting on it now, I realize we still have a lot of grounds to cover, particularly in explaining to ordinary stakeholders -- who are mostly out of the loop -- at to why one policy is particularly crafted that way.

And very often, due to resource constraints, decisions to be made are usually of the bad-among-worst instead of best-among-good types. Unfortunately, ordinary people, when uninformed, will not readily and easily appreciate the reasons why. As usual, the slides follow after the jump.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will, paki-vizit: http://digitalfilipino.blogspot.com/2007/05/top-10-emerging-influential-blogs-in.html

Willy B Prilles, Jr said...

Hi Irvin: Janette Toral has a point; I started my blog in June 2005 so I'm out.

But I will come up with my own list within the week, and you certainly will be on it, for the quotes you mentioned in your blog entry on the topic.

Donna said...

Thannk you for sharing