26 October 2006

Yet another proof of Wikipedia's coming of age

DOMINIQUE Cimafranca wrote about it, but here's another exhibit that Wikipedia, that web-based encyclopedia preferred by the internet-savvy, has indeed come of age: Associate Justice Angelina Sandoval-Gutierrez's concurring opinion in the Sigaw ng Bayan case.

Read the opening paragraph. Relish how she deftly turns on its head Sigaw's favorite phrase -- the voice of the people is the voice of God -- by tracing its historical context. And then click her very first citation, which you can also find here.:)

As Senator Joker Arroyo gushes: What guts, what balls! And internet-savvy, too, if I may add.

4 comments:

Dom Cimafranca said...

Hi, Willy! Thanks for the reference to my post.

I felt good about the news today. Take that, Lambino! Then I got an even bigger kick after reading the citation.

Harrumph, now I hope Lambino and company don't go changing the Wikipedia entry...

Deany Bocobo said...

hi dom, willy,
Did you also see the Web Reference and Link in the Carpio Majority ponencia? Seems the Lambino Group did not attach a copy of ULAP resolution 2006-2 which they used in their argumentation, so the Court looked up the ULAP website and lists its URL as FootNote [22]--where it found and cut and paste it into the Majority Decision Lambino v. Comelec!

Willy B Prilles, Jr said...

Hi Dom: I also felt good when Mayor Robredo broke the news while we were entertaining a visiting group of validators from the National Children Council.

BTW, I write this in an internet cafe in Davao, right in front of the classy Ateneo de Davao building you wrote about in a post sometime ago. Not majestic, but very classy.

Rizalist: I must have seen it in the corner of my eye, especially after ComelecAKO wrote something about the language used by Associate Justice Carpio. But I totally missed its significance by a mile -- and thank you for bringing it up.

Anonymous said...

I am regular reader, how are you everybody?
This piece of writing posted at this web site is truly pleasant.


Here is my web blog; natural cellulite treatment