28 October 2006

Blogging milestones at the 100th post

WHEN I was about to write the previous post early this morning before finally going home to my still fixed line and internet-less house in Pacol, I noticed it was already my 99th. So I took a mental note of writing my 100th about where my blogging experience has brought me thus far.

1. This morning, I came from a guesting stint at the city government radio program "An Naga Ngonian" hosted by Lito del Rosario. Its timeslot is from 10:30-11:30am during Saturdays over RMN-DWNX. The station's public affairs programs are webcast through the city website. (I'm not sure though if it includes "An Naga Ngonian" as we locals don't have to use the internet to listen to it.) Lito invited me over to discuss the Bikol poverty series I wrote, which started with this post. It also enabled me to plug this blog, of course.:)

2. I will have to keep that other blog and find time to really master cascading stylesheets (CSS). I'm not sure about this one, but one thing I find myself in common with guys like Dom Cimafranca is that (1) we are both particular with the way our blog looks like, and (2) we want a great deal of control over design on top of content. I've been a Windows user since I can remember but I've always admired the Apple philosophy even if I don't have one of its gadgets: superior products owing to seamless integration between hardware and software.

3. It's definitely heartwarming to find out that some people do find the time to visit, and from time to time comment on my posts. Of course you know who you are, but ever since I installed Sitemeter a little over a month ago, it gave me an idea where from, including both familiar (Cambridgeshire, in the UK, for instance) and unexpected places faraway (like Slovakia).

But most unexpected is the "Unknown Country," set in yellow in the graph, where 5% of you come from. The Sitemeter FAQ was not of any help. And it seems I am not alone, as you will find out by googling "Sitemeter Unknown Country." Would anybody in the house care to explain?

4. Finally, when I installed Technorati two months back, this blog started at a little over 300,000. When I checked it yesterday as I did my post while killing time in Parañaque, I found out it finally crashed the 100,000 threshhold. And it coincided with the time the country's premier bloggers, especially MLQ3, began linking to my posts. Of course before that, there was that dinner with Newsstand's John Nery when work brought him to Naga.

Affirmations like these are important every now and then. So I think I'll still blog some more:)

7 comments:

Dom Cimafranca said...

Hi, Willy! Congratulations on your 100th. I really think more people should be reading your blog.

Been thinking about an aggregator for small-town bloggers like us, something you broached a couple of months ago. I think I can get something like that up and running in a week or two. I'll let you know.

CSS was a bit of a hump for me, but after a while I got the hang of things. Let me know if you need help. I've managed to accumulate several resources (or...I could just make a blog post about it =)

Willy B Prilles, Jr said...

Thanks Dom.

Maybe we can also invite Iloilo City Boy, Peryodistang Pinay, Councilor Lavina. That would make a merry bunch of promdis.:)

Oliver M. Mendoza said...

How's "Promdis United" sound for our group?

Willy B Prilles, Jr said...

That sounds fine by me, Oliver.

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cheap tramadol toxicity - how many tramadol 50mg can you take

Anonymous said...

phentermine 37.5mg where to buy phentermine in jacksonville fl - buy phentermine online new zealand

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you're getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for great info I was looking for this info for my mission.

my web blog: best cellulite treatment