GOT THIS story via our Planet Naga blog aggregator. Not only is the feeling familiar but more so the letter writer who I personally know. Harvey Keh is our treasurer at Synergeia Foundation.
To recap, here are Harvey's seven drivers of despair:
1. If former Election Commissioner Virgilio Garcillano of "Hello Garci" infamy wins in his announced bid to become congressman of Bukidnon provinceRecent developments though might convince Harvey to stay. Manny Pacquiao, for one, is reported to have prioritized boxing over his political ambitions. It appears he does not yet have the thick croc hide that will suit him in the Lower House. Moreover, Harvey was also flooded with letters from all over, prompting him to write another email explaining the reasons for staying put here.
2. If "Dancing Queen" Tessie Aquino-Oreta reclaims her Senate seat
3. If actor and comedian Richard Gomez is elected senator
4. If former senator Gregorio Honasan wins a Senate seat
5. If Manny Pacquiao becomes congressman of General Santos City
6. If Sen. Lito Lapid is elected mayor of Makati City, and
7. If Ilocos Sur Gov. Luis "Chavit" Singson, who has long been linked to illegal gambling, is elected.
Either way, Harvey is still luckier than many of us because he can actually choose to leave; most don't even have that choice. But we can always heed his youthful, practical wisdom: "Let us choose leaders who have a good track record for service and who are genuinely committed toward serving our country."