06 February 2007

Taking the next step

TODAY, I have made good on my promise to file a complaint with the National Telecommunications Commission regarding the prepaid load shaving incident involving my account with Globe Telecom, which I wrote about here, here and here.

Aside from emailing the complaint, I also sent it via registered mail just to be sure. A copy, sans the usual information entries I had to fill up, can be found here.

Now that it has been fed into the bureaucratic mill, it will be interesting to find out if the
NTC, which purports to bring the Philippines towards ICT leadership in Asia, will actually look into it and do something about the four issues I raised.

Will it have jurisdiction over the poor
CSR services of Globe and Citibank, which while primarily a bank, is also into online prepaid credit reloading?

Will blogging about it can make any difference at all?

3 comments:

Dom Cimafranca said...

Good on you, Willy! I just read somewhere that last year, only 30 complaints were made at the NTC.

To think at this day and age they still have to go through tedious paper transactions to do that. That's the reason why there were so few: it's just too much trouble for most folks.

Tapos, NTC pa!

Willy B Prilles, Jr said...

Oh, I did not go there in person, Dom. I just emailed it to NTC, and cc'd Globe's customer service email address.

The original snail mail copy, I sent to NTC, together with the attachments.

So maybe with TxtPower's and mine, it will inch up to 32 this year, hahaha.

Willy B Prilles, Jr said...

By the way, thanks for blogging about it.:)